Bio-identical Hormones: Why Supplement DHEA?
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is an androgen precursor to estrogen, testosterone, and to a lesser extent, progesterone. This hormone is produced in our adrenal glands and declines significantly as we age. In fact, DHEA is considered our primary "anti-aging" hormone and our peak levels occur in our mid-twenties. Our natural decline is often exacerbated with chronic stress, which eventually leads to adrenal fatigue and hormone dysfunction.
- increases muscle strength/lean body mass
- activates healthy immune function
- increases quality of life
- improves sleep
- decreases joint soreness
- increases sensitivity of insulin
- decreases triglycerides
- lowers cholesterol/LDL
- involved in conversion of less active T4 to more active T3 (thyroid hormone)
- stops damaging effects of stress (cortisol)
Dr. Brenner, MD & Associates - Women's Health Care and Gynecology - is pleased to serve patients from the following towns: Anderson, Blue Ash, Cincinnati, Fairfield, Finneytown, Hamilton, Harrison, Hyde Park, Indian Hill, Landen, Lebanon, Liberty Township, Loveland, Madeira, Mariemont, Mason, Middletown, Milford, Monroe, Montgomery, Norwood, Sharonville, Springboro, Trenton, West Chester.