Amy G. Brenner, MD, FACOG, ABAARM
I’m so excited to partner with you on your healthcare journey. During your visit, we will discuss many aspects of your medical, family and social history. I look forward to learning about you, but I also want you to know a few things about me.
In the Beginning
I was born in 1969 in Youngstown, Ohio. Marilyn and David Brenner worked hard as teachers to earn a living and raise their 3 children. Perhaps my greatest influences in becoming a physician were my parents. Having a science teacher as a father led to many childhood science experiments. I remember making our own erupting volcano and watching the embryonic development of an egg into a baby chick. I loved science! Who would have thought that my childhood interests would turn into my lifelong passion? My mother taught me how to teach others, with understanding, compassion, and uncompromising standards of excellence. She is my inspiration as I instruct other physicians in the very latest gynecological procedures.
Knowledge and Clarity
As I left Youngstown and went off to college at Miami University, I was undecided about a college major. Should I be a teacher like Mom and Dad or a doctor when I grow up? It’s a blessing to realize that I really can do both. My upbringing has given me the ability to truly understand the value of education-specifically how it relates to women’s health.
After college, I earned a Doctor of Medicine degree from the Medical College of Ohio. During medical school I found that I loved to be in the operating room, but I also desired to have relationships with my patients. After careful consideration, Obstetrics and Gynecology afforded me the ability to combine my love of procedures and taking care of women throughout their lifetime.
After spending 4 years in chilly Toledo, I moved to the south to complete a 4 year Ob/Gyn residency at the University of Louisville. I then practiced Obstetrics and Gynecology for 11 years in a large group in the Cincinnati area. During this decade, my husband Kevin and I rapidly expanded our family. I have 3 children, a step-daughter, a dog and a cat.
A World of Experience
Medical advances and breakthroughs in technology occur with breath taking speed, especially in women’s health. I pride myself on staying current with the latest research in prevention, medications, and procedures that I offer my patients.
I was board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2003. I am also a member of AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) “the premiere professional organization advancing minimally invasive gynecology worldwide.”
Realizing a Dream
In 2011, I decided to go for my dream and open my own practice. I’ve created my practice to be a reflection of who I am. It’s a place to feel safe and comfortable, be open and honest and receive information and exceptional women’s care. I welcome you to my home away from home.
Certifications, Advanced Training and Professional Organizations Include:
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Fellow
- Cincinnati OB/GYN Society
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- International Urogynecological Association
- Hologic NovaSure® Physician National Trainer
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
- da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy
- Medtronic InterStim™
- Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (ABHRT) Certification – WorldLink Medical
- MEDINARS Bioidentical Hormone Pellet Therapy
- GelPOINT® Applied Medical Single Incision/Reduced Port Workshop
- Alinsod Institute for Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery – Ellman Surgitron Certified
- CO2RE Intima® Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Botox® Cosmetics
- Advanced Dermal Fillers (Voluma®, Juvederm®, Volbella®, Vollure™)
- SmartLipo™ Laser Assisted Liposuction
- UltraShape® POWER Certified
- VelaShape® III Certified
- O-Shot® for Women / P-Shot® for Men
- Vampire® Facial / Facelift / Breast Lift
- Harvest Technologies Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Training
- Eclipse Aesthetics PRP Training
West Chester Hospital – West Chester, OH
Mercy Hospital – Fairfield, OH
Butler County Medical Center – Hamilton, OH
Bethesda North Hospital – Cincinnati, OH
8/1988 – 5/1992 MIAMI UNIVERSITY, Oxford, Ohio
B.A. Zoology – Magna Cum Laude
6/1992 – 6/1996 MEDICAL COLLEGE OF OHIO, Toledo, Ohio
Doctor of Medicine – Alpha Omega Alpha
7/1996 – 6/2000 UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, Louisville, Kentucky
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology
7/1/2011 – Present Amy Brenner MD and Associates
Physician and Owner
7/2000 – 6/2011 Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates
- Executive Committee Member
- Medical Director of Nursing Call Center
- Medical Director of Office Procedures
- Medical Director of Osteoporosis
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Phi Beta Kappa
TASC — Transatlantic Active Surveillance on Cardiovascular Safety of Nuvaring
Subinvestigator — Treatment of menstrually-related migraines (ongoing) Phase II
2000 – Brenner, A, Cook C, Fallat M, Siow Y. Jullerian Inhibiting Substances in Serum of Patients with Untreated Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Normal Women
2000 – Brenner, A, Cook C, Fallat M, Siow Y. Mullerian Inhibiting Substances in Serum of Normally Cycling Women at Various Stages of the Menstrual Cycle
Hologic/Cytyc Surgical, Inc.
Ethicon Women’s Healthcare