Change the “Oh, No to OMG!”
WHAT IS MYINTIMACY™?
MyIntimacy™ is YOUR customized treatment plan to restore optimal sexual health and function.
There are a myriad of reasons that women (and men) may feel that their intimate life is not what it should be. There may be a diminished interest in sex, issues with function or perhaps an inability to reach orgasm. Both physical and psychological issues may be the culprit behind not being able to fully enjoy a healthy sexual relationship. Sadly, many are uncomfortable even discussing these issues with their doctor.
Some of the most common causes of sexual dysfunction in WOMEN include:
- Hormones, including the sex steroids (estradiol, progesterone, and testosterone), adrenal hormones (DHEA and cortisol), thyroid hormones, and prolactin can influence desire.
- Vaginal dryness (atrophic vaginitis) can lead to painful intercourse, which can certainly lead to a low interest in sex.
- Certain medications can be toxic to sex drive. Medications for depression/anxiety, oral birth control pills, opioid pain medication, B-blockers (for hypertension) and even some over-the-counter anti-histamines like Benadryl may contribute to decreased desire.
- Genital mismatch (defined as the increased in diameter of the vaginal canal, often in conjunction with decreased size of the erect penis) is extremely common as sexual partners age, after childbirth, weight gain, chronic straining (from constipation or difficulty with urination), and pelvic injury (often from pelvic surgery).
- Lifestyle factors can also interfere with libido. Lack of sleep, lack of exercise, poor diet or increased stress can interfere with intimacy. Depression/anxiety and weight gain can change your comfort level with your body and sexuality and can negatively impact interest in sex.
- Other gynecologic concerns can play a role. These include: dyspareunia (chronic painful sexual intercourse), lichen sclerosis (a condition that causes changes in the appearance of the skin of the vulva, results in chronic itching, pain, and scarring of the vulvar tissue), vulvar vestibulitis (a chronic pain syndrome possibly linked to chronic yeast, bacterial vaginosis, or HPV infection), other vaginal infections, or heavy, prolonged menstrual bleeding.
Unfortunately, our male partners may also be suffering in silence. The medications that decrease sex drive/libido, genital mismatch, testosterone deficiency (which causes both a loss of libido as well as erectile dysfunction), and all of the lifestyle factors listed above also affect the MEN in our lives. A condition known as Peyronie’s disease can also affect men at any age and interfere with a man’s ability to have sexual intercourse.
At Amy Brenner, MD & Associates, we are able to offer you a comprehensive approach to improving interest and pleasure with sex, and ultimately the quality of your life…for both women and men.
What Are My Options?
The best place to start is by scheduling a consultation with one of our medical providers and provide a complete medical history. Our Practitioners will look at current medications, past diagnoses/medical procedures and perform a physical exam, when necessary. Women may schedule with any of our Certified Nurse Practitioners or Physicians. Men may schedule an appointment with any of our Physicians.
AVAILABLE TOOLS AND TREATMENTS
After an initial consultation, our medical providers will recommend the treatment protocol(s) that will best address your concerns. The following are some of the treatment protocols and tools at your disposal:
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy for women and men
- The O-Shot® for women and the P-Shot® for men (PRP Therapy)
- Intima Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (and Laser Enhanced O-Shot® – LEO)
- MyFlow® – in-office ablation treatment for prolonged or heavy bleeding
- MyControl® – in-office, non-hormonal, permanent birth control
- MyShape™ – Body Contouring options, Weight Loss & Wellness
- Intensity device for women – Intensity is an intimate health and stimulation device that exercises the pelvic floor muscles. Exercise enhances pelvic floor tone, strength and control, heightening intimate sensation.
- Prescription medications – Viagra®, Cialis® for men and Addyi® for women. These medications do not address the root cause, but may be used in the interim, or as desired.
Explore the links provided above that explain these treatments in more detail. Schedule an appointment with one of our medical providers by calling the office at 513.770.0787, or fill out one of the forms below to request an appointment.
We look forward to meeting with you and helping you reach your optimal MyIntimacy™ sexual health.