Do you know what nutrients you are deficient in? Find out and improve your health, happiness and vibrancy!
Are you feeling fatigued or dealing with chronic pain, brain fog, or other unexplained symptoms you just can’t seem to shake? You could have one or more nutrient deficiencies.
What Are Some of the Signs of Nutritional Deficiencies?
- Unexplained Fatigue and/or Sleep Disturbances
- Difficulty Losing Weight
- Hair Loss or Thinning Hair
- Brittle Hair and Nails
- Muscle & Joint Pain
- Foggy Thinking / Headaches / Memory Problems
- Reproductive Issues
- Depression / Anxiety
- Chronic Illness
You may think you are getting enough vitamins and minerals from the food you eat, but unfortunately, in today’s world that is not usually the case. There are many reasons that it has become necessary to nutritionally supplement our diets:
- Our food no longer contains the nutrients that it once did – even as recently as 50 years ago. Due to bad agricultural practices, soil depletion and environmental contamination, as well as most of our food being shipped thousands of miles to reach us, most of our produce contains only a fraction of the nutrients it once did (studies have shown a 30-60% decrease).
- Many common medications (like birth control, statins, etc.) can cause specific vitamin and mineral depletion in the body.
- Exposure to environmental toxins (there are over 80,000 human-created chemicals in the world) and poor gut health can block absorption and utilization of nutrients.
Why is it important to address nutrient deficiencies?
Most Americans have several minor to moderate deficiencies, and many can have more severe. The most common deficiencies include:
- Vitamin D (can lead to things like recurrent illness, fatigue, depression, erectile dysfunction)
- Omega 3 fats (can lead to poor memory and concentration, mood disorders/swings and more)
- Magnesium (can lead to headaches, anxiety, insomnia, constipation and more)
- Vitamin B12 (can lead to fatigue, muscle weakness, mood swings, insomnia, depression)
- Iron (can lead to fatigue, hair loss, dizziness and more)
- Vitamin C (can lead to decreased immunity, dry skin and hair and more)
Discover what your nutrient deficiencies are and get a tailored plan to optimal health
Thanks to recent advances in science and technology, getting to the root cause of problematic health symptoms and identifying underlying deficiencies is now within reach. At Amy Brenner, MD & Associates we use *NutrEval, a comprehensive nutritional evaluation designed by *Genova Diagnostics to identify clinical imbalances.
Looking at key pathways and processes in the body, this test assesses your need for 20 different vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids and gives recommendations for daily supplementation. It also addresses the need for any amino acids and digestive support. Based on these results, your provider or Wellness Coach will put together a specific and straight forward plan that includes dietary, supplementation, and lifestyle changes tailored to you.
Below is an example of just one page of the NutrEval results:
Ask your provider or Wellness Coach at Amy Brenner, MD & Associates about how to get started with the NutrEval test at your next appointment, or call us at 513-770-0787.
*$159 one-time copay and covered by all insurance except Aetna, Humana and BC/BS Federal