Pharmaceutical Grade Nutritional Supplements – “Nutraceuticals”
Many people may wonder, “If I eat a healthy diet, why do I need to take nutraceuticals?”
The simple is truth is that as we age and the more medicines we take, our bodies need more nutrients than we typically get from a standard diet. In addition, most people do not eat enough fruits or vegetables, and so there are naturally going to be nutritional “gaps” that need supplementation. In fact, many of these nutritional gaps can cause disturbing symptoms, related to hormonal, cardiovascular, glandular, and autoimmune problems.
Vitamins, herbs, and supplements can be very powerful substances. It would be unwise to assume that just because something is “natural” means it could not have potentially harmful effects or possibly interact negatively with prescription medication you are taking. It is best to be screened the right way, by a qualified medical professional like Dr. Brenner, to provide you the finest nutritional support to achieve optimal health.
Here are some examples of the types of nutritional deficiencies we treat:
- Vitamin D deficiency – your body cannot make enough just with sunlight
- Insomnia and sleep deprivation without drugs (helps lower stress and boosts immunity)
- Thyroid supplementation to maximize proper functioning of the body’s metabolism
- Stress and adrenal fatigue
- Vegetarian diets (prone to protein insufficiency and anemia)
- Medication induced deficiencies: ex. oral contraceptives and B vitamin depletion, statin drugs and coenzyme q 10